|1||Boye® Crochet Hook Size H (#6218-H)|
|1||Boye® Crochet Hook Size I (#6218-I)|
|1||3 oz. Red Heart Super Saver 4-ply Knitting Worsted Weight Yarn (Green)|
|1||3 oz. Red Heart Super Saver 4-ply Knitting Worsted Weight Yarn (Red)|
|4||1/2" Tinsel Pompoms by Fibre Craft|
(Gauge: 7 sts=2", 6 rows=2")
- With red yarn and H hook, ch 24. Ch 1 for a t-ch.
- Row 2: Sc in 3 sts with t-ch as fourth st, attach green with loop becoming first st, and sc in 3 more sts, (carry opposite color along and work stitches over top) *4 sc using red, 4 sc using green and rep from * across row. Ch 1 & turn.
- Row 3: Work 4 sc using green, 4 sc using red, across row, ch 1 & turn.
- Repeat rows 2 & 3 three times.Toe Shaping
- Row 10: Work across row and sl st last stitch, ch 1 & turn.
- Row 11: Skip first st and work across row in pattern. Ch 1 & turn.
- Row 12: Work across to st 15, ch 1 & turn.
- Row 13 thru 20: Work even in pattern. End work.
- Make 1 more.
- Sew together, leaving top open and matching colors when sewing in large areas. Tuck in ends and turn right side out (both sides are the same).Trim
- Attach white yarn at back, top edge. Ch 1 & hdc in each stitch around top (32 sts).
- Row 2: Hdc around row, ch 2 & turn.
- Row 3 thru 9: Rep row 2, ch 2 & turn.Edging
- Row 10: Change to H hook. From inside cuff, * ch 2, sc in next st, ch 3, sc in next st. Repeat from * around row. End work.
- Turn cuff. Plain edge can be used for more masculine look by continuing hdc for another row.Hanging Loop
- With I hook, sc a chain with red yarn about 2" long, end work and insert into back edge of cuff and tie bow under cuff, to hang.Tie
- Holding green and red yarn together, using I hook, leave long tails, about 8", ch 32 to 38 sts. Starting at front center of cuff, or wherever you prefer bow, weave in and out on second row above edging, leaving ends out to tie in bow as shown.
- Twist red & green ties and glue red pompom on ends and tack in place.